OISS will not need to create additional documentation for a scholar in this visa status. However, OISS must still receive a copy of the PAF / Hiring Proposal and offer letter, and the scholar must attend an OISS check-in appointment before or on their first day of employment, to ensure immigration compliance requirements are met.
The TN visa is reserved for the Mexican and Canadian NAFTA Professional Workers, and requires specific conditions to be met in order to be a valid option.
Summary of conditions:
- Applicant is a citizen of Canada or Mexico
- Profession is on the NAFTA list
- Position in the U.S. requires a NAFTA professional
- Mexican or Canadian applicant is to work in a prearranged full-time or part-time job, for a U.S. employer (documentation required)
- Professional Canadian or Mexican citizen has the qualifications of the profession