Rice welcomes all its international students and scholars and is committed to supporting them.
This page includes immigration updates and resources that may have an impact on our Rice faculty, students, and staff.
Current Hot Topics
- January 17, 2023 – USCIS Proposes Significant Fee Increase in 2023 (Foster)
- January 12, 2023 – USCIS Announces Final Phase of Premium Processing Expansion for EB-1 and EB-2 Form I-140 Petitions and Future Expansion for F-1 Students Seeking OPT and Certain Student and Exchange Visitors (USCIS)
- September 8, 2022 – DHS Publishes Fair and Humane Public Charge Rule (USCIS)
Actions Related to COVID-19
- December 29, 2022 – CDC Announces New COVID-19 Test Requirement for Travelers from China, Honk Kong, and Macau (Foster)
- June 10, 2022 – CDC Rescinds Order Requiring Negative Pre-Departure COVID-19 Test Prior to Flight to the US (CDC)
- January 27, 2022 – Updated travel requirements for entering the United States (CDC)
- Frequently Asked Questions on COVID-19 Vaccinations and Testing for International Travel (travel.state.gov)
Executive Actions from the Current Administration
- Proclamation on Ending Discriminatory Bans on Entry to the United States (whitehouse.gov)
- Preserving and Fortifying Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) (whitehouse.gov)
- Presidential Actions (whitehouse.gov)
- Executive Orders and Other Presidential Documents (Office of the Federal Register)