Rice welcomes all its international students and scholars and is committed to supporting them.
This page includes immigration updates and resources that may have an impact on our Rice faculty, students, and staff.
Current Hot Topics
- March 28, 2023 – Publication of Final Rule on Nonimmigrant Visa Fee Increases (Department of State)
- March 6, 2023 – USCIS Announces Premium Processing; New Online-Filing Procedures for Certain F-1 Students Seeking OPT or STEM OPT Extensions (USCIS)
- February 15, 2023 – USCIS Resumes Concurrent Adjudication of H-4 and L-2 Dependent Spouse Applications with Primary H-1B and L-1 Applicants (Foster)
- February 15, 2023 – Department of State to Launch Domestic Visa Renewal Pilot Program for L and H Visa Holders (Foster)
- January 17, 2023 – USCIS Proposes Significant Fee Increase in 2023 (Foster)
Actions Related to COVID-19
May 1, 2023 – Biden Administration Ends COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements for International Travelers (whitehouse.gov)
Executive Actions from the Current Administration
- Proclamation on Ending Discriminatory Bans on Entry to the United States (whitehouse.gov)
- Preserving and Fortifying Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) (whitehouse.gov)
- Presidential Actions (whitehouse.gov)
- Executive Orders and Other Presidential Documents (Office of the Federal Register)