By typing your full name below, you confirm that you understand all of the following conditions regarding your proof of funding:
1) Funding documents provided to OISS cannot be older than 6 months.
2) Only liquid funds (i.e., checking or savings account, or funds that can be easily converted into cash in a short amount of time) can be accepted for I-20/DS-2019 admissions processing.
3) You may not submit documents showing non-liquid funds, such as income/salary letters, tax returns, land/property deeds, etc.
4) If providing documentation for an education loan, it should be the final, approved loan agreement, properly signed. Conditional loan approvals are not accepted.
5) All documents must include the name of the account holder, type of currency, the available amount, and the document issue date.
6) Funding documents that are not under your own name (e.g., bank statements from family or friends) must be accompanied by a signed letter of support from the financial sponsor (see oiss.rice.edu/oissportal for a template).
7) A family member or friend currently in F-1 status themselves cannot act as a financial sponsor.
For more information on acceptable proof of funding documents, please see http://oiss.rice.edu/oissportal.