There are several ways for you to receive documents or mail from OISS. Please click on the options below to select the one that works best for your situation.
- Pick-up in Person from OISS
You can always pick up your documents from OISS in person, but to help us maintain physical distancing, please schedule a pick-up time in advance at https://calendly.com/oiss-rice/document. In person pick-ups are available in 10 minute time slots, please be mindful of the schedule and arrive during your allotted time. Please make sure to bring an ID with you.
Please schedule the pick-up appointment only after you have received a notification or confirmation that your document is available for pick-up. With most of OISS still working remotely, documents sent to you by email, such as I-20s or letters, are not necessarily in the office without special arrangement.
- Authorizing a Friend for Pick-up
Per SEVP guidance, this option is not available for I-20 or DS-2019 forms!
You may authorize a friend to pick up the document(s) on your behalf.
- Send an email to email@example.com, copying your friend, indicating a) your name, b) the name of your friend, and c) what document(s) they are authorized to pick up on your behalf.
- You or your friend schedules a pick-up time in advance at https://calendly.com/oiss-rice/document (the name entered when scheduling should be yours, so OISS can make sure your documents are ready for pick-up).
- Your friend can pick up your documents during the reserved pick-up time. Please remind your friend to bring an ID and the authorization email with them when they visit OISS.
- Regular Mail through USPS (United States Postal Service)
You may ask OISS to mail the document(s) to you by regular mail (domestic or international), but keep in mind that this could take quite a while to reach you and there will be no tracking available. To do so, send an email request to the OISS staff member you are working with (or firstname.lastname@example.org if you don't have a direct OISS contact) with the correct mailing address.
- Express Mail (paid for by individual)
The Office of International Students & Scholars (OISS) at Rice University uses eShipGlobal to ship documents to and from the university. eShipGlobal may also be used by students applying for OPT when sending their application to USCIS. To request and pay for your document to be shipped at your own expense via a courier service with tracking, please follow the instructions provided below. (Do not request shipments directly through the FedEx or UPS websites.)
How to Create a Shipment:
"eShipGlobal" is an online service that allows students/scholars to easily request, pay, and track an Express Mail shipment at a discounted rate with the carrier of their choice. Payments may be made via credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover cards only), Paypal, or wire transfers.
- REGISTER for an eShipGlobal (“UEMS”) account at https://study.eshipglobal.com/register/. Enter your information, and click “Register”. Click the activation link sent to your email to activate your account.
- PREPARE your shipping label:
a. Login to your account at https://study.eshipglobal.com/slogin.asp [or go to www.study.eShipGlobal.com and click "Student/Scholar Login”].
b. Click the appropriate icon (ex. “I-20”, “DS-2019”, etc.).
c. Type “Rice University” in the “UNIVERSITY SEARCH” box.
d. Select “Office of International Students & Scholars” from the list of departments provided, then click “Continue”.
e. Select the carrier (Fedex, UPS or DHL) you prefer, then click “Continue”.
f. Select payment method (Credit/Debit Card, Wire Transfer, or PayPal), enter payment information, and click “Confirm Payment”. Your order confirmation (or “Shipment Summary”) will automatically be emailed to you.
- NOTIFY the OISS staff member with whom you have been working that your request and shipment has been prepared in eShipGlobal. Your OISS contact will package the shipment and schedule pick-up with the carrier. Please note that while we try to accommodate these requests as quickly as possible, depending on the timing when your request is received, this step may take 1-2 business days.
- TRACKING: You will automatically receive a notification and your tracking information after your document has been processed and the carrier has picked up your shipment from OISS. All Express Mail related communication/tracking will be handled by the eShipGlobal service.
Please contact eShipGlobal Customer Support directly regarding all questions, or for any assistance. – eShipGlobal’s Student Support Representatives are available Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (CST) via email, phone, or live chat.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 800-816-1615 or 972-518-1775 (calls within the U.S. or Canada); 001-972-518-1775 (International callers)
- or Chat online with a live representative
You may also refer to eShipGlobal’s FAQ page for “Frequently Asked Questions” and answers.
OISS is unable to resolve technical problems associated with the eShipGlobal service, all requests will be directed to eShipGlobal Customer Service for assistance.