If you are having difficulty logging in to the OISS Portal, please try the following:
Make sure you are accessing the Portal using the link in the invitation email. It is not possible to log into the Portal until you are formally invited. The subject line of the email is “OISS Portal – Account Creation.”
Last Name/Family Name
- When you log into the OISS Portal for the first time, enter your Last Name/Family Name exactly as you wrote it on your application for admission to Rice.
- If you have more than one Last Name/Family Name, try entering all legal last names singly and in combination. (Example: If your legal Last Name/Family Name is “Rubio Ramirez,” try putting “Rubio,” “Ramirez,” and “Rubio Ramirez” in the Last Name/Family Name field.)
- Make sure there are no blank or empty spaces before or after your name.
- After you log into the Portal and upload your passport biographic page, your name will be updated so that it exactly matches your name in the machine-readable zone at the bottom of your passport biographic (photo) page. If you ever need to reset your password, please enter your Last Name/Family Name as it appears on your passport.
Date of Birth
- Enter your date of birth in mm/dd/yyyy format. (Example: If you were born on January 3, 1995, you should enter 01/03/1995.)
- If you were born on the first through twelfth day of any month, your date of birth may have been entered incorrectly in dd/mm/yyyy on your original application for admission to Rice. Try entering your date of birth in this format for the OISS Portal. (Example: If you were born on January 3, 1995 and you cannot access the Portal by entering 01/03/1995, try entering 03/01/1995.) Please note that after you successfully log into the OISS Portal and upload your passport biographic (photo) page, your date of birth will be corrected, if needed, to match the date of birth on your passport.
Country of Citizenship
For immigration purposes, you must declare a single country of citizenship. If you are a dual-citizen, try entering each of your countries of citizenship individually. (Example: If you are a dual citizen of Italy and Brazil, try entering “Italy” as your country of citizenship, then try entering “Brazil.”) Please note that after you successfully log into the Portal and upload your passport biographic (photo) page, your country of citizenship will be updated, if needed, to match the country that issued your passport.
We are aware that unfortunately there are some issues with the OISS Portal password requirements, where a password may not work properly even if it follows the posted guidelines. Please try changing your passport to one that has the special character # at the beginning of the password, and avoid using any other special characters (for example: #Letmein6), as this format seems to continue to work.
If you are still unable to log into the OISS Portal, please contact us at email@example.com for further assistance.