REAP International (Rice Experiences Advertised to Prospects – Internationally), is a program designed to increase Rice University’s visibility on a broad-based scale to prospective international students, overseas universities/schools, and overseas advising centers, through hearing about Rice students’ experiences. Rice University international students choosing to participate in REAP International will be serving as a type of “ambassador” for our school.
If you are currently an enrolled, degree-seeking international student on a non-immigrant visa at Rice, and are interested in visiting a high school, university/college, or overseas advising center in your home country during your trip home, please participate in REAP International. This is a program sponsored by the Office of International Students & Scholars.
- REAP Process
- Attend a REAP Information Session (schedule available on the Event Calendar, info sessions typically take place April - May & November - December).
- Complete and submit a Site Visit Approval Request Form & Statement of Understanding (you will need to submit separate requests for each visit).
- Receive approval or denial for site visit via email.
- Receive REAP materials from OISS and complete site visit(s) during trip to home country.
- Complete and submit a Site Visit Summary (to be completed after the visit)
- Receive email indicating successful completion of program.
- Receive honorarium payment for REAP in 5 - 6 weeks. Checks will be waiting in the Payroll office, unless student has already set up direct deposit payments previously.
- Request official signed "Certificate of Participation" by email, if necessary.
- Site Visit Approval Request Form & Statement of Understanding
- Site Visit Summary – to be completed after the visit
See the map below to learn where we have been!
Learn what former participants say about their REAP International experience – click on the images below!