OISS will not need to prepare additional documentation for a scholar in this visa status. However, OISS must still receive a copy of the PAF and offer letter, as well as check-in the scholar upon arrival to ensure immigration compliance requirements.
The TN visa is reserved for the Mexican and Canadian NAFTA Professional Worker, and requires specific conditions to be met in order to be a valid option.
Summary of conditions:
- Applicant is a citizen of Canada or Mexico
- Profession is on the NAFTA list
- Position in the U.S. requires a NAFTA professional
- Mexican or Canadian applicant is to work in a prearranged full-time or part-time job, for a U.S. employer (documentation required)
- Professional Canadian or Mexican citizen has the qualifications of the profession
TN Visa Processing Requirements and Procedure